Frequently, clients find me or are referred to me for help with overcoming stress. They reach the point of overload and know they need to make some changes in their professional or personal lives. The causes of stress can become part of a cycle that’s hard to break, particularly when you’re under pressure and can’t see a way forward. Unaddressed, stress has a detrimental effect on quality of life and can lead to health issues or depression. Of course, some stress can be useful to stretch us and improve performance, but when it undermines our wellbeing or becomes a way of life, it’s important to pay attention!
Overcoming stress – when enough is enough!
In a demanding work environment where many people share similar experiences, the impact of stress can be lost. Clients often site ‘unhappiness’ with a particular area of their life, as the reason they finally decide to take action. Making the decision that ‘enough is enough’, is the first step towards overcoming stress and taking back your personal power! These are some of the challenges I’ve helped clients address.
Signs of stress
- Feeling that you’re on a treadmill that never ends
- Insufficient restful sleep, impacting on your wellbeing. At its worst, sleep is broken by nightmares.
- Consistently working long hours and feeling the pressure and consequences of a life out of balance.
- Self-medicating with alcohol, food, unhelpful behaviours etc., to feel better, but it doesn’t really help.
- Lifestyle choices that affect your happiness, wellbeing and quality of life.
- Interpersonal communications that seem to generate unhelpful outcomes and cause more stress.
- Micro managing everything, to try to maintain control.
- High performance expectations without reasonable support in place.
Executive or personal coaching can help you make the changes that get you off the hamster wheel and put you back in control of your life….. overcoming stress, improving work/life balance and developing the tools, strategies and mindset to make your life work. Start now. Call me!
+44 (0)7791 356 219